Power Systems Validation Engineer
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2024
Zoox is seeking a highly motivated Systems validation Engineer to lead and drive validation of our autonomous Vehicle Power Management system. Many optimization techniques are implemented in our vehicle to maximize the Mileage per battery charge and many vehicle systems play a role in power optimization. Chosen candidate will validate energy performance balancing, thermal performance balancing, interface definition, development, and functional testing.
In this role, you will
- Work with teams developing requirements at various levels of V-model and respective validation teams to develop design validation and test plans.
- Work with test asset development teams to plan and build new test assets, as needed, to support both happy-path and negative testing, load testing, and durability testing to ensure comprehensive test coverage.
- Identify, document, and highlight cross-functional validation gaps and dependencies - proactively work towards creative solutions to resolve integration test and validation issues
- Work with test and integration engineers to ensure full test coverage is defined and implemented for software feature implementations.
- Drive resolution of power management issues found on vehicles and put in place actions to prevent their recurrence.
- Support and review software and hardware design, implementation, and test cases.
- Previous Automotive or Aerospace experience
- 8+ years engineering work experience especially in power management validation. Prior experience with Vehicle power management validation is highly desirable
- · Hands-on experience debugging complex systems that involve multiple ECUs with interfaces to various vehicle sub-systems
- · Strong understanding of automotive hardware and software concepts and development processes
- · Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment and proactively collaborate cross-functionally with other teams to solve vehicle-level integration problems
- · Strong understanding of vehicle safety concepts and testing-related safety procedures
- · Strong written and verbal communication skills
- · Must be self-motivated, with a desire to continuously improve and learn
- · Low Voltage sources (12V battery, Vehicle DCDC)
- · Low Voltage sinks (Compute, vehicle motion actuators, lighting, vehicle ECUs, HVAC, etc)
- · Low Voltage distribution (wiring harnesses)
- · High Voltage sources (HV Battery, Charger)
- · High Voltage sinks (Vehicle DCDC, drive units, pumps)
- · CPU power management
- · Experience with Automotive CAN
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $162,000 to $279,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.