System Integration Engineer
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
As a Systems Integration Engineer on the Software HIL (Hardware in the Loop) team, you will be a key part of the testing infrastructure at Zoox. This is a multidisciplinary position, often combining knowledge of software, electrical, and mechanical systems. A primary focus for the Software HIL team is to develop test assets used company-wide to validate AI and machine learning algorithms. As a member of the team, you will be mentored and also allowed to learn new skills ranging across SW development to test frameworks to the design-build process.
- You will improve the reliability and stability of our testing framework by optimizing tests, generating accurate metrics, and scaling our HIL platforms
- You will work collaboratively with various software and firmware teams to ensure streamlined integration and test of development on our test assets
- You will support the design, bring-up, and test of our HIL test assets with a focus on continuous improvement in reliability and scalability. This entails working with ECUs (Electronic Control Units) and writing code that enables validation and verification of both hardware and software.
- You will maintain and improve Continuous Integration/Deployment systems
- BS or MS in Automotive, Aerospace, Electrical, Robotics, or Software Engineering
- 3+ years of development experience in the automobile, robotics, or software industry
- Working knowledge of automated test frameworks (ex Pytest)
- Object-oriented programming experience (such as Python, C++, or Java)
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment systems and networking protocols (CAN, LIN, Ethernet)
- Experience building cross-platform software with source control (Git) and tools such as Grafana, Bamboo, Jira, Bazel, Ansible
- Experience with design-build process, prototyping, and manufacturing
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $135,000 to $170,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.