Technical Program Manager, Interiors
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2024
We are inventors, builders, and doers, passionate and purposeful in the work we do. We have a once-in-a-century opportunity to reinvent personal transportation—and we need your help. As the Technical Project Manager for Interiors in Zoox’s Vehicle Engineering Team, you will be responsible for working cross-functionally to ensure that this groundbreaking vehicle is delivered on time, to budget, and a very high-quality standard. You’ll be part of a passionate team dedicated to making cities safer, smarter, and more sustainable.
We are looking for an engineer who can leverage their interior engineering expertise to lead engineers and suppliers to define timelines for deliverables, identify and escalate awareness of risks to develop mitigation plans, support budget planning activities, and clearly communicate progress to vehicle development management and the executive team. The Technical Project Manager amplifies the efficacy of the engineering team and works to improve and minimize processes to get work done. If you are excited about tackling challenging problems and guiding the team to success, we want to hear from you!
- You will communicate challenges and identify program risks while proactively developing mitigation plans with engineering
- You will lead the transfer of engineering requirements and targets into a viable product by working with cross-functional teams, both internal and external, to drive open questions or issues to closure
- You will develop schedules based on company milestones and ensure that projects remain on track
- You will be responsible for the delivery of parts for both build and test purposes at the expected quality level
- You will establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments, and present them to the executive team
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to address issues and ensure the smooth progression of multiple build phases while maintaining the existing fleet.
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of engineering experience, or 5+ years of program management
- Extensive knowledge of automotive product development and manufacturing processes, and demonstrated delivery of components with engineering design and development partners
- Proven track record in managing complex cross-functional projects with proficiency in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. CAD, JIRA, Gantt charts, ERP, PLM, GD&T)
- A working knowledge of Interiors requirements, analysis, and testing, and how these inputs influence Interiors design and development activities.
- Travel as needed to support builds and other activities
- Passion for electric, autonomous mobility
- 3D release experience in CATIA V6 or the equivalent
- Knowledge of injection molding, plastics, fabrics
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $131,000 to $189,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.