Site Reliability Engineer
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
Zoox is looking for a site reliability engineer who will be responsible for measuring and maintaining the uptime of the many services critical to the development process for autonomous vehicles. In this role, you will be heavily involved in all phases of rolling out a service from designing systems that are easy to maintain and fault-tolerant through deployment, operation, and continual improvement. Zoox is a robotics company and our ethos of automation extends throughout the infrastructure components we build. Be prepared to work with systems handling large volumes of data and data-processing pipelines performing compute-intensive tasks on CPUs and GPUs.
- Experience in supporting production service infrastructure and utilizing configuration management tools like Ansible, Terraform, or Salt
- Proficiency with microservice architecture and tooling around Kubernetes
- Ability to extract and report useful performance or service metrics using ELK, prometheus, grafana
- Linux, no matter the flavor
- Familiarity with Python or C/C++
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, mathematics, or related field and 2+ years of relevant experience
- AWS Architecture and operational experience with a range of tech like OS, RDS, ECS, EKS
- Deploying and managing Kafka / MSK as a service
- Establishing and supporting CI / CD best practices
- Experience handling large data sets
- Master's degree in an engineering, mathematics, or related field
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $160,000 to $256,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.