Manager, Operations Infrastructure and Partnerships
Other Engineering, Sales & Business Development, Operations
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2024
This role will be responsible for leading the development and overall execution of
infrastructure and partnerships required for Zoox’s operations. This includes
infrastructure and partnerships necessary for fleet services such as EV charging,
maintenance & repair, data transfer, safety operation testing and bases of operation.
The ability to lead cross-functional projects from ideation through execution is important.
The scope of responsibilities will grow significantly as the company prepares for
commercial launch and scaling.
- Develop, supervise, define strategic initiatives for, and lead the Operations Infrastructure and Partnerships team, with specific responsibilities provided below.
- Determine the level of vertical integration and/or partnerships needed across the company’s operations.
- Conduct partner, industry and market research to develop operations infrastructure and partnership strategies
- Identify and evaluate potential operations partners
- Lead competitive sourcing processes for partner selection
- Negotiate all contractual agreements with partners, including professional services agreements, strategic partnership agreements, and statements of work
- Drive cost transparency and build total cost of ownership models to support partnership decisions
- Build strategic relationships with operations partners and act as the lead point of contact for all commercial issues
- Manage internal stakeholders with respect to partner selection and management
- Identify other sourcing efficiencies via benchmarking, competitive quotes and resourcing
- Drive long-term strategic planning for new site/city operations
- At least seven 7 years experience in strategic partnerships, sourcing, supply chain or other strategic development and negotiation-intensive roles
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters/MBA preferred
- Excellent communications skills with ability to influence cross-functional stakeholders in Engineering, Finance, Legal, and Operations
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills
- Strong understanding of partnership agreements and demonstrated ability to negotiate
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to achieve business objectives
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to identify partnership opportunities and manage partners through project execution
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders
Compensation and Benefits
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $182,000 to $229,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.