Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager, Charging Infrastructure Partnerships
Other Engineering, Sales & Business Development
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2024
This role will be responsible for leading the development and overall execution of charging infrastructure and partnerships required to power Zoox’s fleet of robotaxis. This includes infrastructure and partnerships necessary for fleet charging such as engagements with utilities, charging-as-a-service providers, construction contractors, electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) suppliers and engineering consultants. This role will act as the overall lead for Zoox’s charging infrastructure and charging partnership strategy.
- Lead planning, development and execution of the charging infrastructure required to support Zoox’s robotaxi fleet scaling
- Manage utility partnerships and execute projects per utility processesConduct partner, industry and market research to develop charging infrastructure partnership strategy
- Identify and evaluate potential charging sites in collaboration with key internal stakeholders
- Lead competitive sourcing processes for partner selection
- Negotiate all contractual agreements with partners, including professional services agreements and strategic partnership agreements
- Drive cost transparency and build total cost of ownership models to support partnership decisions
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key charging infrastructure partners as the lead point of contact for all commercial issues
- Manage internal stakeholders with respect to partner selection and management
- At least 5 years of experience in developing and managing charging infrastructure projects
- Experience managing and engaging with utilities, EVSE suppliers or charging site development providers either on the design or construction site
- Expertise in EVSE is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strategic sourcing, financial and business opportunity analysis, comfort with legal frameworks and contract negotiation skills (development, supply, licensing, and service agreements)
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence cross-functional stakeholders, including C-level, engineering, legal, finance, manufacturing, and logistics
- Excellent analytical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to achieve business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to identify business process issues and drive process improvementOpen-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise, and problem-solve
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders
- Organizational skills to manage and track transactional details
- Master’s degree in business or equivalent
- Experience managing high-powered charging equipment projects and installations
- Technical abilities around organizing and analyzing data including strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced and evolving environment
Compensation and Benefits
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $140,000 to $199,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.