Manager, Platform Stability
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Zoox's Platform Stability Team plays a crucial role in delivering a validated vehicle, which includes firmware and hardware packages, to our robot platform. They are also responsible for identifying, triaging, and investigating issues related to CAN, LIN, and electrical systems during vehicle bring-up and in the field.
As a Platform Stability Manager, you will be on the front lines, ensuring that our robots remain in good health. You will be responsible for the initial review of issues related to various vehicle domains such as ECUs, chassis, electric powertrain, HV charging, thermal system, brakes, steering, suspension, and lighting. The team identifies issues by studying vehicle-level CAN logs, investigating the issue, providing insights into the potential root cause, and collaborating with the responsible team to provide a solution.
This is a highly cross-functional role where you will work with Hardware and Firmware Engineering teams, Operations teams, Vehicle Program Management, and the Program Management Office. We are looking for an engineering manager who is passionate about electrical vehicle architecture and autonomous driving, has excellent problem-solving skills, and is committed to delivering on time.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the initial issue triage and system analysis of field and bring-up issues for Robot fleet to Improve fleet uptime and stability KPIs
- Manage the Platform Stability team on a daily basis
- Drive decisions on interim containment and permanent corrective actions, as appropriate, and work with issue owners to prevent future occurrences
- Collaborate with module/component owners and suppliers to share your findings and investigate root causes
- Report on identified issues, next steps, required assistance, and program risks with appropriate mitigation plans. This will involve supporting and reporting in meetings both at the working and leadership levels
- Identify ways to improve system behavior and diagnostics
- BS or MS in an electrical or mechatronics engineering discipline or equivalent
- At least 10 years of experience in automotive engineering
- At least 3 years of people management experience developing high-performing teams
- Experience designing or testing vehicle systems (electrical and/or mechanical)
- Experience with electrical and vehicle network architecture (CAN and LIN), including measurement systems (Vector, Memorator, Inca, Intrepid, dSpace, IPEtronic, CSM, Deweysoft, etc.), and hands-on troubleshooting
- Python programming and building automation tools
- Grafana and other data analysis toolsets
- Data analytics
- Diagnostics development
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $162,000 to $266,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.