Senior Electrical Integration Engineer, Embedded Controller
Accounting & Finance, Other Engineering
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
The Zoox Vehicle Electrical Architecture Team develops hardware, power distribution, network topologies, and infrastructure enablers to create optimal autonomous vehicles. The team collaborates openly and takes supportive risks. You will help develop electronic control units, hardware standards, best practices, and validation procedures for Zoox's ground up autonomous vehicles. You will work with engineering leaders from various areas to capture their needs and develop hardware I/O and chipset roadmaps.
At Zoox, we are dedicated to delivering the best product for our riders and exceeding industry standards in all areas. As a part of our team, you will have the opportunity to be one of the key stakeholders of a group of architects who share the same vision and work towards developing the next generation of autonomous vehicles. Join us if you want to make a difference in the world of mobility and be a part of something truly groundbreaking.
In this role, you will:
- Own electrical hardware specifications and best practices library by investigating and validating electronics hardware technology trends
- Lead electrical hardware stakeholders in defining Zoox roadmaps and implementing changes to electrical hardware
- Work closely with EE system teams to develop and support ECUs execution documents to enable sourcing
- Participate in tech reviews to evaluate potential suppliers and ensure proper application of Zoox hardware standards
- Execute component performance analysis to develop a list of approved electronic devices for vehicle ECUs
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- At least 10 years of experience in designing and delivering automotive electrical control units and defining MCUs, SOCs, CAN & Ethernet Transceivers, and HW I/O standardization
- At least 5 years of experience in vehicle electrical architectures, ECU HW base definitions, and vehicle power state functionality
- Experience in driving decision-making at various levels of an organization
- Interest in staying up to date on automotive network technologies and industry trends
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Experienced in implementing Automotive Diagnostic infrastructure (ISO 14229) and working with ECUs and Subsystems applications
- Proficient in ISO 26262 and its architectural enablers
- Experience in hardware design for EMC compliance
- Capable of troubleshooting EMC issues related to ECUs
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $162,000 to $266,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.