Senior Security Engineer - Detection & Response
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
As a Security Engineer - Detection and Response at Zoox, you will be part of a team responsible for the administration and operation of Zoox’s Enterprise SIEM, SOAR and EDR systems. You will focus on ongoing engineering and operations work related to those systems, continuously improving and looking for ways to better integrate them with our overall security ecosystem. You will have a strong background in SIEM, SOAR and EDR engineering and operations.
In this role, you will:
- The D&R Security Engineer is part of the Information Security Operations team and will be a member of a team responsible for maintaining and administering the SIEM, SOAR and EDR tools.
- Recognizing and onboarding new data sources into SIEM, analyzing the data for anomalies and trends, and building dashboards highlighting the key trends of the data.
- Develop use cases for SIEM and SOAR and turn them into alerts and automation playbooks.
- Maintain and improve current logging and alerting.
- Support security operations activities by responding to alerts, participating in an on-call schedule, and owning and supporting security tools.
- Investigate security events and potential threats to the organization and employees.
- Analyze logs, identify, recommend, and improve current logging requirements.
- Identify external threats and make security recommendations.
- 5+ years of SIEM experience, 3+ years of experience with SOAR and EDR tools.
- Experience with creating and maintaining API integrations with various tools.
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and MacOS operating systems.
- Experience with cloud services (GCP, AWS, Azure) and the logs they generate.
- Experience with log forwarding/collecting technologies (syslog, Elastic Beats, WEF/WEC, etc.)
- Experience with regular expressions.
- Skilled with Python, Go, or a similar language.
- Familiar with security incident response methodologies.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: pay, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The pay range for this position is $180,000 to $225,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The pay range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.