Backend Software Engineer - Perception Tools
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
You will be part of a team supporting state-of-the-art AI solutions for the Zoox autonomous driving Perception stack. In this role, you will be responsible for scaling up the infrastructure and systems for Machine Learning Operations to train state-of-the-art models on PBs of multimodal data. You will build custom applications and data pipelines that will broadly impact the performance and maintainability of models deployed on-vehicle as well as large offline models built to be used for data mining and auto-labeling.
- Develop and deploy scalable MLOps tools and services for our clients to handle machine learning training and inference
- Design the data pipelines and engineering infrastructure to support Zoox’s machine learning systems and data mining at scale
- Improve training data quality and throughput via machine learning model inference and integration to data pipelines
- Collaborate with other machine learning engineers to support model development, with an emphasis on data versioning and traceability, to enable iterative supervised learning.
- Strong software engineering skills in complex, multi-language systems
- Fluency in Python, SQL
- Experience in data-intensive backend services and data pipelines
- Exposure to machine learning methodology and best practices
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Experience in using popular MLOps frameworks like MLFlow, Weight & Biases
- Exposure to data analytics engines and frameworks such as Spark, databricks, tableau, etc
- Experience in Perception and AV systems
- Experience developing with containers and Kubernetes in cloud computing environments
- Exposure to deep learning approaches and modeling frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, etc.)
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $179,000 to $256,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.