Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
The Perception team at Zoox is responsible for developing the eyes and ears of our self driving car. Navigating safely and competently in the world requires us to detect, classify, track and understand several different attributes of all the objects around us that we might interact with, all in real time and with very high precision.
As a member of the Perception team at Zoox, you will be responsible for developing and improving state of the art machine learning techniques for doing everything from 2D/3D object detection, panoptic segmentation, tracking, to attribute classification. You will be working not just with our team of talented engineers and researchers in perception, but cross functionally with several teams including sensors, prediction and planning, and you will have access to the best sensor data in the world and an incredible infrastructure for testing and validating your algorithms.
- You will lead a team of ML engineers on the Perception team, leveraging technical and managerial skills to deliver high-impact results
- You will set the short and long term technical direction for the team and collaborate on the broader company-wide directions
- You will grow the team through hiring and guide the continued professional development of team members
- You will collaborate with engineers on the other parts of Perception, including Verification & Validation, Optimization, Labeling tools, as well as Prediction and Planner to solve the overall Autonomous Driving problem in complex urban environments
- You will coordinate cross-functional initiatives with other teams across Data Science, Systems Design and Mission Assurance, QA, and more
- MS, or PhD degree in computer science or related field
- Experience with training and deploying Deep Learning models
- Experience with production Machine Learning pipelines: dataset creation, training frameworks, metrics pipelines
- Extensive experience with programming and algorithm design
- Strong mathematics skills
- Experience with ML Python libraries like PyTorch, TensorFlow, NumPy, Pandas, etc.
- Fluency in C++ and python
- Publications in your field (CVPR, ICCV, RSS, ICRA preferred)
- Experience with autonomous robots
- Experience with realtime sensor fusion (e.g. LiDAR, camera, radar)
- Experience with 3D data and representations (pointclouds, meshes, etc.
- Experience with nonlinear non Gaussian multi hypotheses tracking
- Experience with probabilistic representations of neural networks output
- Experience with novel pipelines and architectures for convolutional neural nets
- Experience with weighted nonlinear least square estimation like GTSAM
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $221,000-$319,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.