Manufacturing Engineer, Torque
Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
As a Torque Engineer, you will be responsible for torque tool equipment for General Assembly and EOL operations. The role of Torque Engineer will be to be the first point of contact for troubleshooting torque related issues and to ensure appropriate torque controls are in place to meet design intent. The torque engineer will also manage calibration of torque tools, inventory, and the procurement of new torque tool equipment when necessary.
- You will act as the primary point of contact for torque-related issues to improve quality and reduce production downtime.
- You will create/optimize/sustain torque programs to meet design intent and implement appropriate torque controls where necessary
- You will lead torque projects for new equipment installation, continuous improvement, and line-balancing activities
- You will ensure proper tools are in place for ergonomics, safety, and ease of use
- You will conduct NOK analysis, identify root causes, and implement corrective/preventive actions.
- You will oversee calibration, inventory, backups, repairs, and procurement of torque tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering preferred/ or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of torque tool experience w/Automotive OEM or Supplier
- Experience with automotive vehicle general assembly and EOL processes
- Previous experience with Bosch Rexroth or Atlas Copco torque DC electric torque tools, controllers, and manufacturing systems
- Background in statistical analysis (multi-vari, stability and capability analysis)
- Knowledgeable on 3D CAD software (CATIA 3DX preferred)
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $128,000 to $210,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.