Program Manager, Fleet Operations
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 3, 2024
Zoox is making its way to public roads! In preparation for the public launch of our robotaxi service. Zoox will plan and execute many intermediate milestones to gradually progress our software, firmware, operations and overall service. In this role, you will plan, coordinate, schedule and execute company milestones alongside Fleet Operations managers and leads. You will also work closely and cross functionally with teams outside of operations to plan and launch our first service.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders, including the Fleet Operations functional teams, other program managers, and external partners to define project/program scope, objectives, deliverables and success criteria.
- Develop and execute comprehensive program/project plans outlining operational requirements to achieve upcoming commercialization milestones. Include deliverables, checkpoints, timelines, dependencies, risks, and resource requirements.
- Develop a project/program risk log and risk mitigation plan. Review and update this plan regularly while also ensuring mitigations are implemented and tracked. Communicate these risks and other project/program updates to all relevant stakeholders.
- Develop project and program governance structures which include a process to update or change the project/program’s scope, budget, or timeline and a process by which to track and communicate these changes to stakeholders.
- Schedule, organize and support vehicle operations missions and testing in support of milestones and other events. Manage program resources, including personnel and equipment, to ensure that they are utilized effectively. Conduct post-project retrospectives to identify areas for improvement and ensure that lessons learned are incorporated into future projects.
- Maintain comprehensive program documentation, including program plans, status reports, and meeting minutes.
- Update necessary documentation and resources when operational or service changes are required. Track and document any operational impacts or delays related to service scope changes. Track operational requirements and deliverables for safety clearance.
- 6+ years of experience in project and program management, with a proven track record of successfully launching new services or products
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate program goals, status, and issues to stakeholders. Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and manage cross-functional teams.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to understand project/program interdependencies and the impact of decisions across stakeholders.
- Experience with program management tools and techniques, such as Agile or Waterfall methodologies.
- Flexible schedule and willingness to travel occasionally within the SF Bay Area
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, or a related field
- PMP Certification or related program management certification
- Experience working within fleet/vehicle management
- Previous experience working in the autonomous vehicle industry
- Engineering Degree
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $115,000 to $188,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits, including paid time off (e.g., sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.