Senior Staff City Program Manager
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Program Management Office (PMO) is a small team of highly cross functional program managers that drives quarterly product planning, drives the execution and tracking of company product and service milestones, and helps provide the company leadership with a detailed status of company progress that is used to adjust company priorities and resource allocation. PMO is a collaborative team that works together closely but with distinct scope and responsibility for each member on the team. PMO leadership values transparent communications, focusing on the issue and not making it personal, with everyone committing to implement a decision once there has been debate and a decision has been taken.
The team works in an ambiguous and fast paced environment. PMO charter places it at the center of activity which pulls together all the functional and engineering teams at Zoox that are working towards milestones that drive company business goals. Any role in PMO has high executive leadership visibility and PMO strives to give a broad range of opportunities to develop skills of the members on the team - such opportunities come through coverage for each other as team members take personal time off and through the heavy cross functional nature of the scope of PMO.
The Senior Staff City Program Manager (PM) scope will be responsible for launching the integrated program management plan required to launch. Post launch, the City PM will focus on service maintenance and improvements.
If you like to work in a fast paced team that communicates and collaborates closely with the broader Zoox organization but has fun in doing so, we would like to hear from you.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the management of the roadmap for a new city in conjunction with definition from Strategy and Product teams, including targeted service area, scaling, and operational targets
- Work with a release lead and workstream leads to drive milestones for your city through planning and execution
- Lead the definition and tracking of KPIs for launch, growth, and sustaining the service with stakeholders at Zoox
- Work with stakeholders to ensure operational infrastructure for storage, charging, maintenance, and transportation of vehicles is in place for launch and scaling
- Coordinate driving external engagements (working with Comms, Business, Policy, and Operations teams) in the launch city, with community, government (city and state), and commercial partners
- Work with the Comms & Marketing team on PR campaigns around service in the city
- Work with the AI & Autonomy teams to place our highlanders in your city to collect map data and start collecting miles in autonomy
- Drive the setup and operation of an internal pilot and the launch of service in your city
- Drive enhancements post-launch to Operational Design Domain (ODD), scaling, improvements to operations and product offerings in your city.
- Collaborate with city operations to deliver a service that meets Zoox’s standards
- You have a BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent cross functional experience in lieu of an engineering degree
- You have at least 15 years of experience in program management with a focus on product/service launches
- You have a track record of managing complex cross-functional projects across multiple disciplines including engineering, operations, communications, legal, government/regulatory agencies, and commercial partners
- You are inquisitive to exploring new ideas and are an independent thinker to continuously learn and take on tough problems
- You have the ability to perform in a fast paced ambiguous and sometimes high-stress environment - launching a service in a new city is a high wire act across multiple disciplines
- You are willing to dive into technical details if required to understand the projects you are supporting
- Ability to concisely and effectively communicate at senior executive level of the organization
- PMP or equivalent
- Experience with developing and scaling strategy, processes, plans, procedures, reporting and handling escalations.
- Strong references that highlight your ability to build strong working relationships with senior leaders, program managers, and engineers across functions and departments.
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $169,000 to $285,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits, including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.