Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
As a Storage Engineer at Zoox, you will work with a team of engineers to build, implement, and maintain Zoox’s petabyte-scale high-performance storage systems which enable our robot and AI research efforts. You will also work to maintain our traditional Network Attached Storage (NAS) systems for Network File System (NFS) and Server Message Block (SMB). You are a good fit if you enjoy learning new technologies and can work with a team to accomplish projects. This position will provide you with opportunities to learn how to architect massive distributed high-performance storage systems and how to work with programmers to make efficient use of the storage systems.
In this role, you will:
- Build scale-out storage and data systems.
- Build and maintain our NAS systems for NFS and SMB.
- Build and support our internal and cloud systems.
- Work directly with application developers to help them when they encounter problems with our storage systems.
- Experience with network filesystems (NFS, samba, afs)
- Linux, network, and storage experience
- Is passionate about learning new technologies
- Is able to work with a team of diverse experiences and backgrounds
- Ability to script/program in any of the following: Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash, C, etc.
- Experience with S3 or scale-out storage (Ceph, Luster, Gluster, etc)
- Experience with relational database technologies (MySQL, PostgreSQL, OracleDB, etc)
- Familiar with big data: ElasticSearch, Cassandra, MongoDB, Spark, or HDFS
- Infrastructure Automation (puppet, chef, ansible, saltstack)
- Experience with web services (Nginx, Varnish, Apache, HA Proxy)
- Knowledge of virtual platforms (vSphere, Xen, Docker, or KVM)
Compensation and Benefits
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $145,000 to $225,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position. Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.