Senior Systems Engineer - Vehicle Power Management
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 10, 2021
Zoox is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, Systems Engineer to lead and drive Vehicle Power Management system on an autonomous vehicle. You will be responsible for supporting systems engineering activities including: thermal performance balancing, energy performance balancing, interface definition, development, and functional testing. You will be leading the specification and executing of systems integration plans for vehicle-level features and deliverables.
In this role, you will:
- Process product level requirements and pull together respective engineering teams to decompose into components, interfaces, dynamic behaviors, and resource consumption targets.
- Support and review software and hardware design, implementation, and test cases
- Identify, document and highlight cross-functional gaps and dependencies - proactively work towards creative solutions to resolve integration issues and ensure vehicle functionality
- Work with test and integration engineers to ensure full test coverage is defined and implemented for software feature implementations.
- Develop and execute vehicle integration plans, pulling together relevant sub-system components while keeping track of overall program milestones and delivery objectives
- Deep-dive into vehicle log data and source code if required to root-cause system-level issues and facilitate rapid issue resolution in collaboration with domain experts. Post root cause analysis, suggest changes to upstream processes and subsystems, including diagnostics and other tools
- Work across the company to contribute to a cohesive variant management strategy that operates efficiently, including but not limited to software build configurations and upgrade capabilities.
- 8+ years engineering work experience
- Hands-on experience debugging complex systems that involve multiple ECUs with interfaces to various vehicle sub-systems
- Strong understanding of automotive hardware and software concepts and development processes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment and proactively collaborate cross-functionally with other teams to solve vehicle-level integration problems
- Strong understanding of vehicle safety concepts and testing-related safety procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, with a desire to continuously improve and learn
- Low Voltage sources (12V battery, Vehicle DCDC)
- Low Voltage sinks (Compute, vehicle motion actuators, lighting, vehicle ECUs, HVAC, etc)
- Low Voltage distribution (wiring harnesses)
- High Voltage sources (HV Battery, Charger)
- High Voltage sinks (Vehicle DCDC, drive units, pumps)
- CPU power management
- Experience with Automotive CAN
Experience with a majority of the following:
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $162,000 to $266,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.