Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, July 18, 2018
As an Electronics Technician at Zoox, you will be directly working with electrical engineers to build, bring up, and rework vehicle components and PCB assemblies as well as helping scale the existing work into production. The role will also include the assembly of cable harnesses in addition to PCB-level assembly and rework on BGA, CSP, and small components such as 0201 package. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, a self-starter, and adapts easily to change.
- Work directly with the advanced hardware engineering team on new and current electronics destined for in-vehicle use
- Assembly, and rework of electronic circuit boards
- Fabricate and modify harnessing for test setups, robotic vehicles, etc
- Help maintain, expand and improve the electronics lab and workspaces and its capabilities, including helping buy and overseeing calibration of tools and stocking of parts
- Conduct detailed inspections of PCBAs and cable assemblies to locate and resolve assembly issues
- Hands-on experience with electronic product assembly
- Hands-on experience in prototype work and functional verification (testing) specifically with electronics
- Hands-on and fluent with basic lab equipment: DMM, power supplies
- Ability to read electrical schematics and BOMs
- Must have superb soldering & rework skills (0201, QFNs, BGAs, CSPs, etc.)
- Experienced and comfortable working under a microscope
- Hands-on experience with mechanical hand-tools common in electronic assemblies
- Good documentation and communication skills (strong technical writing)
- Strong computer skills and proficiency on MacOS or Windows with browser-based applications
- Ability to pro-actively communicate with all employees and work well in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and input from multiple sources (Managers, Engineers).
- Pride in detail-oriented, methodical, careful, and clean work that leads to a very low rate of defects in the field
- Ability to diagnose electrical systems a plus
- Experience working on safety-critical electronics destined for harsh environments such as for vehicles, aircrafts, missiles, or space systems a plus
- CAD skills in Altium Designer or SolidWorks a plus
- Jira and Confluence skills a plus
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $100,000 - $165,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.