Staff People Partner (HRBP)
People & HR
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2021
We are inventors, builders, and doers, passionate and purposeful in the work we do. We have a once-in-a-century opportunity to reinvent personal transportation—and we need your help. The People Experience (HR) Team is passionate about creating an engaging and rewarding employee experience through meaningful and results-oriented programs and fit-for-purpose processes. Zoox is a company of inventors, builders, and doers. We have a world-class team that is passionate about building amazing technology in a fun and collaborative work environment.
The Staff People Partner will provide HR support to the Enablement businesses (Legal, Finance, IT, Data Science, Safety & Policy, System Integration). You will be a strategic partner to the Executive (C-suite) and Extended Executive (Director+) business leaders by developing and delivering Talent Strategy that is aligned with the organizational goals and people needs of their departments. Managing one individual contributor, this role will also be responsible for contributing to the People Experience Team’s effort to enhance and scale our Talent Practices and People Programs.
- Develop and ensure execution of the Talent Strategy in partnership with business leaders designed to build high-impact teams that will deliver business results
- Drive a culture of high performance in client teams and the People Experience (HR) team
- Develop and oversee the changement management programs in support of the Talent Strategy
- Be a trusted advisor and coach to the business leaders
- Analyze people data and leverage insights to inform the Talent Strategy and business decisions that will build inclusive organizations with engaged crew able to meet our milestones
- 10+ years of experience in a People Partner/HRBP, preferably with experience in the tech industry
- Demonstrated experience partnering and influencing senior leaders to drive and align their Talent Strategy and increase business results in a high-growth, fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving
- A strategic, data driven thinker experienced in organizational design, workforce planning, developing inclusive teams, succession planning, employee development and retention strategies, performance management and compensation-related matters
- Proven ability to design and deliver programs tailored to business needs
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, consulting, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Proven ability to partner and influence across Centers of Excellence partners and cross-functional stakeholders in support of an inclusive workforce
- Strong judgment in assessing employee and business risk
- Knowledge of compensation strategies and packages that include equity
This hybrid role entails working in the office three days per week in our Foster City office (HQ).
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $154,000 to $221,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a vaccine approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and/or the World Health Organization. In addition, employees who are eligible for a COVID-19 booster vaccine (“Booster”) will be required to receive a Booster. Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.