Senior/Staff Software Engineer - Simulation Data Platform
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 8, 2021
Zoox is looking for senior developers (5+ years experience) to build an insanely scalable platform using microservices, cloud databases and message queues. This mission critical platform will store and serve the simulation metadata and results, integrate with other systems, and provide extremely performant APIs for building a sophisticated UI product.
This is an ideal opportunity for an innovative Software Engineer to build the foundation that can handle the exponential growth of data and at the same time meet the complex use cases for its consumption.
- Design the storage architecture for exponential growth
- Develop and extend microservices for ingesting and serving the data
- Design and implement APIs for building sophisticated user interfaces
- Integrate with other systems via message queues
- Collaborate with internal teams for requirements, API design
- Own development of features
- Communicate effectively with internal customers
- Ensure correctness and 24x7 stability of the entire system
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Experience in developing microservices in Java/Kotlin using Spring
- Experience with developing distributed systems using asynchronous communication
- Experience in coming up with high level design to meet user requirements
- Good communication skills
- Familiarity with AWS, CI/CD tools, Kubernates
- Knowledge of Python is a plus
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $203,000 - $293,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.