Zoox Road Network - Operations Manager
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2021
Zoox's Cartography team is responsible for building, curating, and maintaining our high-definition road network. This includes expanding our geofences, validating the correctness of annotated data, and responding to “world change” events to ensure our maps remain up-to-date.
The Operations Manager is the leader of the Cartography team. As an Operations Manager, you will be responsible for a growing team of Cartographers and the growth/maintenance of our road network data product. You will work closely with other engineering teams to ensure the ZRN content pipeline is efficient and we are able to meet our core mapping priorities (accuracy, speed, scale). You will also be responsible for driving the growth and maintenance of our geofences.
Our ideal candidate is a leader with demonstrated experience in building and scaling high-performance teams and processes.
In this role, you will
- Manage the careers & growth of Cartographers
- Manage day-to-day mapping operations
- Participate in hiring, resource planning, and organizing training for new Cartographers
- Create quarterly and long term plans, then track our progress
- Become a knowledge expert on Zoox’s mapping content pipeline and its customers
- Constantly review processes for efficiency and assess the standards for our content deliverables
- Act as a close partner with engineering to help improve tooling and pipelines
- Motivate and mentor direct reports to execute and deliver road network content to Zoox’s high standards
- 3-5+ years experience in people / operations management
- Experience in map production or map content validation
- Experience with planning, scheduling, and executing cross-functional projects
- Attention to detail and drive for correctness
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Understanding of GIS systems and data
- Technical writing skills
- Passion for autonomous vehicles
- Vendor management
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary will range from $162,000 to $204,000. A sign-on bonus may be part of a compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
If you need an accommodation to participate in the application or interview process please reach out to email@example.com or your assigned recruiter.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.