Embedded Software Engineer - Platforms
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 7, 2019
Zoox is looking for an embedded software engineer to join our Firmware Platforms team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, extending, and maintaining support for multiple embedded platforms for the Zoox vehicle. You will work closely with electrical engineers, embedded software engineers, and validation engineers to enable support for new advanced platforms and accelerate application development across multiple projects. We are looking for people who are passionate about diving deep into the hardware and creating robust and reusable software.
- Architect, develop, debug, optimize, review, and test software for multiple real-time embedded platforms
- Develop and maintain board support packages for multiple platforms, including compiler, bootloader, drivers, and real-time operating system
- Build low-level frameworks, interfaces, and infrastructure to make our embedded application development faster, simpler, more portable, and more testable
- Bringup of new embedded platforms by working with electrical engineers, suppliers, and vendors to identify and solve hardware and low-level software issues.
- Contribute to all phases of the software development cycle including prototyping, requirements capture, design, implementation, and validation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience developing real-time embedded software for distributed electro-mechanical systems
- Strong embedded C++/C programming experience
- Strong experience with micro-controllers and/or microprocessors (ARM, PowerPC)
- Experience with real-time operating systems on embedded systems (POSIX, QNX, FreeRTOS, etc.)
- Familiarity with modern software development methodologies and tools (Agile, Git, unit testing, CI, etc.)
- Experience with automotive communication protocols and stacks (CAN, LIN, ethernet, UDS, etc.)
- Familiarity with high assurance development practices and tools (Polarion, ISO-26262, MISRA C/C++, etc.)
- Ability to read and provide feedback on PCB schematics
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $185,000 to $235,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.