Senior Software Test Engineer, Mass Simulation Pipeline
Foster City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 5, 2021
Zoox is on an ambitious journey to develop a full-stack autonomous mobility solution for cities. Big data analysis and mass simulation are critical to proving the safety of our system. A simulation environment enables the identification and study of potential safety issues before they manifest themselves in the real world. The effectiveness of the safety measures can also be verified and validated without putting public road users at risk.
Our team builds tools and pipelines to quantitatively measure the performance of our driving software, extract relevant safety events from driving logs, and explore interesting scenarios in simulation. This highly visible work is critical to accelerating the development of AI driving software and building the safety case for autonomy on public roads.
We are looking for a Software Test Engineer to build test harnesses to improve the stability, reliability, and validity of our simulation pipeline. This pipeline is a critical part of driving software verification and release processes. The automated testing framework you build will not only support continued pipeline functionality, but also ensure that estimates provided by the pipeline are valid. The ideal candidate has a passion for understanding how things work, to the point of breaking them. You will implement and develop test automation frameworks, implement new solutions to technical test problems, and build novel tools for the team to utilize.
- Write comprehensive test plans based on a review of the architecture and pipeline objectives
- Develop plans to build test coverage
- Develop and implement automated tests on HPC simulation pipelines
- Operate in multiple test layers optimized for efficiency
- Review tests written by teammates & assist with test prioritization
- Define tooling needs to execute tests and evaluate results efficiently
- Investigate issues through data analysis and issue reproduction
- BS or higher in relevant engineering discipline
- 7+ years of experience as a Software Development in Test or similar role
- Strong proficiency with Python
- Experience writing code with source control (Git)
- Experience building automated test frameworks
- Experience with Linux or Unix-based systems
- Positive attitude, team player, and ability to quickly adapt to changes
- Experience with Python testing frameworks (pytest, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD systems
- Experience using tools such as JIRA, TestRail, Polarion/JAMA/Doors, XRAY, etc.
- Experience with software verification and validation testing
- Experience mentoring other test engineers and growing their test design and coding capabilities
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $185,000 to $232,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.
See more open positions at Zoox
Something looks off?