Who We Are:
At Formic, we’re on a mission to revolutionize American manufacturing and create more abundance in the world. We believe in continuing the American legacy of innovation by making automation accessible to all manufacturers and increasing their factory productivity by 10x.
Built upon deep expertise in robotics and manufacturing, our unique Pay-for-Productivity robotics solutions combine the best automation technology, tools, and uptime services for manufacturers, paving the way for a new era of supercharged efficiency and competitiveness.
As the world faces growing pressure from rising costs and labor shortages, Formic is a uniquely powerful tool in overcoming these challenges. Fueled by our vision for a resurged “Made in America,” we’re growing fast - achieving 70% quarterly growth in customer count and ARR, with ~30% of our customers having already deployed multiple systems.
Supporting us in our mission, with investments thus far totaling over $30 million, are backers including Lux Capital, Initialized Capital and CEOs and founders of multiple Fortune 50 companies.
About the Marketing team:
As the Marketing team at Formic, we are tasked with articulating the value of Formic’s offering to a diverse audience and driving top of funnel growth. We are creative, organized, flexible, and entrepreneurial. Each week and month looks a bit different as we continue to experiment with new strategies and optimize our approach to existing channels. Our team is a perfect fit for those looking to work on a range of projects as a member of a team driven by a singular mission: help Formic grow.
As VP, Marketing, you will:
- Primarily be responsible for developing our messaging & communications strategy, building market awareness, and creating consistent lead flow for our sales team
- Strategize, prioritize and execute on campaigns across PR, trade show & events, media & content, digital advertising, and email marketing
- Manage, develop, and grow a team of marketing professionals in executing marketing strategies to drive lead generation revenue growth
- Collaborate with CEO and Sales leadership to develop and implement a strategic marketing plan
- Monitor and communicate results (performance, learnings, opportunities to optimize, etc.) on a regular cadence/as needed to broader business leadership and the executive team, and use data to make decisions on prioritization
- Serve as the subject matter expert on competitive and adjacent category marketing activity, identifying what’s working/what’s not and delivering strategic recommendations on how we can better differentiate our product
- Manage outside agencies and contractors including those for ad buying, campaign tracking, lead generation, etc.
What makes you a great fit:
- 5+ years of progressive Marketing leadership experience including building and scaling a differentiated brand
- A demonstrated interest in working with SMBs and innovating amidst more traditional industries across America, and a passion for making automation and robotics more accessible to those who need it most
- Proven experience in developing advertising, new products, media plans, and working with sales personnel and leaders, with priority given to those with experience in new category creation and startup/scaleup experience
- Proven experience with data-driven/test & learn-based management across a variety of channels
- Obsessed with how Marketing can best deliver quality, long-term business growth and ROI
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a roll-up-the-sleeves work ethic and a “do-what-it takes” mindset to execute against the strategy, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present complex concepts to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Ability to coordinate high work volume and pressing time requirements and to make sound business decisions after careful analysis of research data/surveys
What we look for:
We’re building a company from the ground up, so every single person we hire has a massive impact on our team, culture, and ability to accomplish our mission. While each individual brings their own unique skills and perspectives to Formic, we look for people who share our vision and act in alignment with our Operating Principles. If this sounds like you, Formic could be the place for you:
- Fearless Optimism: You share our ambitious vision of what we can accomplish. You’re aware of the challenges we will face as a startup doing new things in an old space, but you’re energized by the incredible opportunity we have to drive change for our customers, and for the manufacturing industry at large.
- Factories First: You have a strong customer focus, no matter who your customer is. You seek to make things easier and better for our customers, even if it makes your job a little harder.
- Today, Not Tomorrow: There are always plenty of projects to tackle in a startup, but you prioritize, take accountability for work, and have a bias toward action.
- Be Right Often: You don’t do things just because that’s how they’ve always been done. You keep looking for ways to improve, seek out feedback along the way, and back your decisions up with data.
- Made of Rubber: Just like rubber, when you fall you bounce back up. You know there’s going to be a lot of challenge and change in our work ahead but you are adaptable, resilient, and ready to thrive through it all.
- Good Baton Passes: You work with a desire to make things easier and better for your team members. You use empathy to understand the needs and goals of others and support each other so Formic can be successful together.
Total rewards packages at Formic consist of salaries benchmarked against similar stage growth companies, insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD), and equity in Formic itself. As an early stage startup, equity is an important part of our investment in you, and your investment in Formic. When Formic succeeds, we all succeed.
Final offer amounts are custom-crafted, based on the cash/equity ratio preference of the candidate, as well as their experience, geographical location and cost of labor, and more, and may vary from the range listed below. Ultimately we’re seeking top performers who will make a difference to our business, and we’re open to negotiating the compensation structure for the right candidate.
The expected base pay range for this position is $175,000 - $240,000. Eligible Sales positions will also include a commission plan, the formal and detailed structure of which will be shared for mutual agreement once onboarded.
What We Offer:
Formic believes we do our best work when we are equipped to take care of ourselves and our loved ones. To support this Formic offers comprehensive benefits and perks for full-time US-based employees*, including:
- Equity in Formic: your slice of ownership in a fast-growing Series A startup, backed by some of the best investors in the world
- 99% coverage for Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans (75% coverage for dependents) via Blue Cross Blue Shield and Guardian
- FSA & DCFSA
- Life insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability plans (covered at 100%) via Guardian
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k
- $2,000 Home Office allowance
- Monthly Phone & Internet Reimbursement
- Flexible time off policy and 10+ company holidays
- Bi-annual all-company retreats
*As our team grows, our benefit and perk offerings for employees based outside of the United States will vary. We are happy to discuss these options with you as part of our recruiting and interviewing experience.
Formic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to email@example.com.