Event Marketing Manager
Who We Are:
At Formic, we’re on a mission to revolutionize American manufacturing and create more abundance in the world. We believe in continuing the American legacy of innovation by making automation accessible to all manufacturers and increasing their factory productivity by 10x.
Built upon deep expertise in robotics and manufacturing, our unique Pay-for-Productivity robotics solutions combine the best automation technology, tools, and uptime services for manufacturers, paving the way for a new era of supercharged efficiency and competitiveness.
As the world faces growing pressure from rising costs and labor shortages, Formic is a uniquely powerful tool in overcoming these challenges. Fueled by our vision for a resurged “Made in America,” we’re growing fast - achieving 70% quarterly growth in customer count and ARR, with ~30% of our customers having already deployed multiple systems.
Supporting us in our mission, with investments thus far totaling over $30 million, are backers including Lux Capital, Initialized Capital and CEOs and founders of multiple Fortune 50 companies.
As the Marketing team at Formic, we are tasked with articulating the value of Formic’s offering to a diverse audience and driving top of funnel growth. We are creative, organized, flexible, and entrepreneurial. Each week and month looks a bit different as we continue to experiment with new strategies and optimize our approach to existing channels. Our team is a perfect fit for those looking to work on a range of projects as a member of a team driven by a singular mission: help Formic grow.
As Event Marketing Manager, you will help us build awareness and develop a strong brand image through the creation of both internal and external events who has a builder mentality, enjoys collaboration, and embraces experimentation in strategy with a growth mindset.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Build, execute, and maintain our event marketing strategy
- Develop and execute a plan for event sponsorships
- Plan and execute events for Formic prospects and customers
- Work with Sales Operations to report back to leadership on event performance and iterate
What makes you a great fit:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of related event marketing experience
- Proven experience carrying out events, including trade show planning, attendance, reporting, and retro
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Capacity to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Extremely organized with keen attention to detail
- Creative, innovating, and able to think outside of the box
- Ideal candidates will have have experience in two or more of the below categories to provide the swing capacity that makes our most successful employees the most successful of our employees:
- Public relations, including writing press releases, crafting pitches, and liaising with reporters and media outlets
- Website management, including helping with website copy and content, assisting to improve our existing website, and developing/managing one-off landing pages for individual campaigns
- Blog & white paper writing and/or editing
- Customer story crafting, including documenting and sharing results of Formic’s deployments across our customer base
- Email marketing, including contributing to the Formic email newsletter and other email communications
What We Offer:
Formic believes we do our best work when we are equipped to take care of ourselves and our loved ones. To support this Formic offers comprehensive benefits and perks for full-time US-based employees*, including:
- Equity in Formic: your slice of ownership in a fast-growing Series A startup, backed by some of the best investors in the world
- 99% coverage for Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans (75% coverage for dependents) via Blue Cross Blue Shield and Guardian
- FSA & DCFSA
- Life insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability plans (covered at 100%) via Guardian
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k
- $2,000 Home Office allowance
- Monthly Phone & Internet Reimbursement
- Flexible time off policy and 10+ company holidays
- Bi-annual all-company retreats
*As our team grows, our benefit and perk offerings for employees based outside of the United States will vary. We are happy to discuss these options with you as part of our recruiting and interviewing experience.
Formic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.