Paid Search Marketing Manager (B2B)
Who We Are:
At Formic, we’re on a mission to revolutionize American manufacturing and create more abundance in the world. We believe in continuing the American legacy of innovation by making automation accessible to all manufacturers and increasing their factory productivity by 10x.
Built upon deep expertise in robotics and manufacturing, our unique Pay-for-Productivity robotics solutions combine the best automation technology, tools, and uptime services for manufacturers, paving the way for a new era of supercharged efficiency and competitiveness.
As the world faces growing pressure from rising costs and labor shortages, Formic is a uniquely powerful tool in overcoming these challenges. Fueled by our vision for a resurged “Made in America,” we’re growing fast - achieving 70% quarterly growth in customer count and ARR, with ~30% of our customers having already deployed multiple systems.
Supporting us in our mission, with investments thus far totaling over $30 million, are backers including Lux Capital, Initialized Capital and CEOs and founders of multiple Fortune 50 companies.
About the Marketing team:
As the Marketing team at Formic, we are tasked with articulating the value of Formic’s offering to a diverse audience and driving top of funnel growth. We are creative, organized, flexible, and entrepreneurial. Each week and month looks a bit different as we continue to experiment with new strategies and optimize our approach to existing channels. Our team is a perfect fit for those looking to work on a range of projects as a member of a team driven by a singular mission: help Formic grow.
As a Search Engine Marketing and Paid Acquisition Specialist at Formic, you will play a vital role in driving the growth and success of our company by leveraging paid digital marketing strategies. You'll work closely with the Demand Generation Marketing and Sales Development teams to ideate, create,, execute, and optimize paid acquisition campaigns while ensuring our online presence aligns with our brand identity.
As Paid Media Manager, you will:
- Develop and execute Formic's search engine marketing and paid acquisition strategies to drive full-funnel growth.
- Manage pay-per-click (PPC) and paid advertising campaigns across various platforms.
- Optimize paid search, media, and display campaigns to achieve target objectives.
- Conduct keyword research and competitor analysis to inform campaign strategy.
- Create and manage ad copy, landing pages, and ad creative to maximize ROI.
- Monitor and analyze campaign performance, making data-driven decisions to improve results.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to align digital marketing efforts with the company's mission and model.
- Stay updated on industry trends and best practices related to search engine marketing and paid acquisition, and contribute ideas/recommendations to Formic’s paid media strategy.
What makes you a great fit:
- You will have a proven track record taking on end-to-end campaign ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced environment.
- 4+ years of experience in search engine marketing and paid acquisition, with a specific focus on B2B required.
- A creative, entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for creating exceptional B2B content.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills and the ability to work with various departments. You’re able to step back from your focus in paid media and seek feedback and partnership with other areas of Marketing and Sales to benefit all.
- You will act as a contact for cross-team engagement; creating partnerships internally, proposing tests to support new objectives, and leading stakeholder communication on progress.
- Experience communicating results to senior leadership.
- Excellent communication skills in a remote work environment, including email, project plans, and knowledge documentation.
- Comfortable with data analysis and using it to drive creative execution.
- Flexibility to adapt to evolving business needs.
What makes you an even more fantastic fit - (Bonus Points!):
- Experience in the automation, robotics, and/or manufacturing industries
- Experience with Hubspot and Salesforce
What we look for:
We’re building a company from the ground up, so every single person we hire has a massive impact on our team, culture, and ability to accomplish our mission. While each individual brings their own unique skills and perspectives to Formic, we look for people who share our vision and act in alignment with our Operating Principles. If this sounds like you, Formic could be the place for you:
- Fearless Optimism: You share our ambitious vision of what we can accomplish. You’re aware of the challenges we will face as a startup doing new things in an old space, but you’re energized by the incredible opportunity we have to drive change for our customers, and for the manufacturing industry at large.
- Factories First: You have a strong customer focus, no matter who your customer is. You seek to make things easier and better for our customers, even if it makes your job a little harder.
- Today, Not Tomorrow: There are always plenty of projects to tackle in a startup, but you prioritize, take accountability for work, and have a bias toward action.
- Be Right Often: You don’t do things just because that’s how they’ve always been done. You keep looking for ways to improve, seek out feedback along the way, and back your decisions up with data.
- Made of Rubber: Just like rubber, when you fall you bounce back up. You know there’s going to be a lot of challenge and change in our work ahead but you are adaptable, resilient, and ready to thrive through it all.
- Good Baton Passes: You work with a desire to make things easier and better for your team members. You use empathy to understand the needs and goals of others and support each other so Formic can be successful together.
Total rewards packages at Formic consist of salaries benchmarked against similar stage growth companies, insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD), and equity in Formic itself. As an early stage startup, equity is an important part of our investment in you, and your investment in Formic. When Formic succeeds, we all succeed.
Final offer amounts are custom-crafted, based on the cash/equity ratio preference of the candidate, as well as their experience, geographical location and cost of labor, and more, and may vary from the range listed below. Ultimately we’re seeking top performers who will make a difference to our business, and we’re open to negotiating the compensation structure for the right candidate.
The expected base pay range for this position is $70,000 - $120,000. Eligible Sales positions will also include a commission plan, the formal and detailed structure of which will be shared for mutual agreement once onboarded. #LI-MB1
What We Offer:
Formic believes we do our best work when we are equipped to take care of ourselves and our loved ones. To support this Formic offers comprehensive benefits and perks for full-time US-based employees*, including:
- Equity in Formic: your slice of ownership in a fast-growing Series A startup, backed by some of the best investors in the world
- 99% coverage for Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans (75% coverage for dependents) via Blue Cross Blue Shield and Guardian
- FSA & DCFSA
- Life insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability plans (covered at 100%) via Guardian
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid parental leave
- Company-sponsored 401k
- $2,000 Home Office allowance
- Monthly Phone & Internet Reimbursement
- Flexible time off policy and 10+ company holidays
- Bi-annual all-company retreats
*As our team grows, our benefit and perk offerings for employees based outside of the United States will vary. We are happy to discuss these options with you as part of our recruiting and interviewing experience.
Formic is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.