Senior Post-Sales Machine Learning Engineer - International Remote
Here at Hugging Face, we’re on a journey to advance good Machine Learning and make it more accessible. Along the way, we contribute to the development of technology for the better.
We have built the fastest-growing, open-source, library of pre-trained models in the world. With over 130K+ models and 110K+ stars on GitHub, over 10 thousand companies are using HF technology in production, including leading AI organizations such as Google, Elastic, Salesforce, Algolia, and Grammarly.
About the Role
As an early member of Hugging’s Face’s Success team, your goal will be to grow accounts, focusing on larger companies: reducing the likelihood of churn and more importantly upselling to larger services engagements by making recommendations to the decision makers, typically directors of data science and their internal customers. While MLEs in the success team focus on the delivery of the services working hand in hand with the customer data scientists and machine learning engineers, the Senior Post-Sales ML Engineer will engage with the customer leads and managers to maintain awareness of the value and discuss business problems Hugging Face can help solve or accelerate.
In order to be effective in this role, the Senior Post-Sales ML Engineer needs to be credible and relevant when discussing the applications of transformers and diffusers models to the customer business, understand the work being done by MLEs and translate it into value for the customer business, representing accurately the business opportunities corresponding to the latest models and innovations shipped by the Hugging Face teams - without the need for a “technical” person to break it down for them.
What you are expected to do:
- Empathize with our customers to understand their issues and goals when using transformers (NLP and Vision primarily).
- Have the scrappiness and be excited to solve customer problems through research, coding up a solution, or talking to our many in-house experts.
- Build meaningful relationships with our customers and understand their goals.
- Comfortably explain complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Constantly be learning and sharing your knowledge with our customers.
What we are looking for:
- Experience building NLP/Vision solutions. We need people to hit the ground running and this position is not intended to train someone in the fundamentals of ML. You should understand the ML Lifecycle and basics of cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with the transformers library. Our customers come to us for our experience with transformers. We expect you to already have good proficiency with transformers and you will quickly become an expert.
- Self-starter: We need people that can tackle hard problems independently. While there are plenty of gracious smart people that are eager to collaborate within Hugging Face, we are looking for people who are scrappy, self-motivated, and resourceful.
- Attention to detail: Will you write a meaningful paragraph for why you want to work at Hugging Face that touches upon what we are looking for?
- Customer relationship builder: We want people who are excited to build relationships with customers and help them succeed. This isn’t a role for a heads-down coder. You will be collaborating and providing value to our customer’s ML teams.
- Great communicator: Can you explain how you solved a problem to someone that isn’t technical? This role involves talking to a variety of roles from C-level executives, to domain experts, and IT professionals.
- Coding: You should be comfortable writing code scripts and notebooks on transformers/ML Ops use cases that will be reused by the customers
- Learn quickly: The field and company are both moving very fast: new breakthroughs in the AI/ML space come out practically every week, and Hugging Face is constantly adding new packages to the open-source community, contributing to open-science, and building more enterprise products. We want someone that enjoys learning about state-of-the-art developments and sharing them with customers.
- If you're interested in joining us, but don't tick every box above, we still encourage you to apply! We're building a diverse team whose skills, experiences, and backgrounds complement one another. We're happy to consider where you might be able to make the biggest impact.
What you will get:
- Be part of one of the hottest startups in AI.
- Work with a diverse outstanding set of team members that are experts in academia, open source, and working with enterprises.
- Become an expert on transformers. You will understand transformers within the ML lifecycle from pretrain to deployment. Furthermore, you will see how transformers are used across many industries and stages of development.
- Work within an organization that focuses on impact rather than a top-down structure around specific duties. We want people to have a huge impact inside the company and support you in working in a manner that works best for you. Flexibility to work in a way that best suits you.
- An environment that encourages and cultivates learning, sharing, using your individual expertise, and constructive feedback.
More about Hugging Face
We are actively working to build a culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusivity. We are intentionally building a workplace where people feel respected and supported—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We believe this is foundational to building a great company and community. Hugging Face is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We value development. You will work with some of the smartest people in our industry. We are an organization that has a bias for impact and is always challenging ourselves to grow continuously. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
We care about your well-being. We offer flexible working hours and remote options. We offer health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents. We also offer 12 weeks of parental leave (20 for birthing mothers) and unlimited paid time off.
We support our employees wherever they are. While we have office spaces in NYC and Paris, we're very distributed and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices. If needed, we'll also outfit your workstation to ensure you succeed.
We want our teammates to be shareholders. All employees have company equity as part of their compensation package. If we succeed in becoming a category-defining platform in machine learning and artificial intelligence, everyone enjoys the upside.
We support the community. We believe major scientific advancements are the result of collaboration across the field. Join a community supporting the ML/AI community.