Pre-Sales Machine Learning Solutions Engineer - EMEA Remote
Here at Hugging Face, we’re on a journey to advance good Machine Learning and make it more accessible. Along the way, we contribute to the development of technology for the better.
We have built the fastest-growing, open-source, library of pre-trained models in the world. With over 130K+ models and 110K+ stars on GitHub, over 10 thousand companies are using HF technology in production, including leading AI organizations such as Google, Elastic, Salesforce, Algolia, and Grammarly.
As an early member of Hugging’s Face Machine Learning Engineering Success team, you will play a critical role in driving successful technical engagements with prospects and customers and be an integral part of our overall enterprise sales process. You ask the right questions to quickly understand the customer's Machine Learning pain points and environment and articulate clearly and concisely the best possible technical solutions. You are curious and an avid learner. Most of all, you care about the customer is successful.
About the Role
- Drive early engagements with prospects
- Understand customer technical challenges and existing technology stack
- Articulate Hugging Face’s technical differentiation, integration within existing customer technical stack, and technical value prop
- Design and present technical solutions to meet customer needs
- Coordinate company-wide assets to drive technical engagements forward. Pull in relevant stakeholders (founders, eng, product, ...) as necessary
- Become a trusted technical advisor
- Ensure successful POCs
- Be the clear owner of early customer deployments and drive successful implementation
- Identify technical issues and coordinate company resources to the resolution
- Be the voice of the customer internally
- Collaborate cross-functionally with PM, Eng, Marketing, and Sales to communicate customer priorities
- Influence roadmap and GTM decisions, infusing customer priorities into every decision we make
- Evangelize Hugging Face and our vision
- Become a recognized voice of the company and spokesperson at events, meetups, and within communities
- 2 years of experience in a technical sales capacity is preferred, but not required. The Machine Learning Engineer could have a background in technical selling complex solutions of mission-critical data systems (databases, data warehouses), big data systems, analytics, and/or machine learning - or 3 years of building and delivering Machine Learning solutions to internal customers.
- At least 2 years of experience building NLP solutions, including 1 year with the transformers library
- Self-starter: Clear, consistent demonstration of self-starter behavior and a desire to tackle hard technical problems
- Entrepreneurial: Scrappy, self-motivated, and resourceful (Creative, Bold, Risk Taking)
- Grittiness: You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on; you persevere when others fall away
- Customer relationship builder: Excellent at building deep relationships with prospects and customers and becoming a trusted technical advisor. Understands and prioritizes customer needs and is a respected voice of the customer within the company.
- Great communicator: Exceptional presentation and communications capabilities. Confidence presenting to a highly skilled and experienced audience, including enterprise architects and C-level executives
- Deep technical understanding: Masterful understanding of data and ML tooling, workflows, and trends in an enterprise setting
- Proficiency in Python, Spark, and SQL with experience developing NLP applications
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science or relevant experience
More about Hugging Face
We are actively working to build a culture that values diversity, equity, and inclusivity. We are intentionally building a workplace where people feel respected and supported—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We believe this is foundational to building a great company and community. Hugging Face is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We value development. You will work with some of the smartest people in our industry. We are an organization that has a bias for impact and is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
We care about your well-being. We offer flexible working hours and remote options. We offer health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents. We also offer parental leave and unlimited paid time off.
We support our employees wherever they are. While we have office spaces in NYC and Paris, we’re very distributed and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices. If needed, we’ll also outfit your workstation to ensure you succeed.
We want our teammates to be shareholders. All employees have company equity as part of their compensation package. If we succeed in becoming a category-defining platform in machine learning and artificial intelligence, everyone enjoys the upside.
We support the community. We believe major scientific advancements are the result of collaboration across the field. Join a community supporting the ML/AI community.