Staff Software Engineer
Remote · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
Onaroll is an employee rewards app that incentivizes productivity and longevity. Shift workers are the engine of our economy, powering restaurants, call centers, factories, and warehouses. We celebrate them.
We're a rapidly growing Series A company based in New York City backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Founders Fund, Google's Gradient Ventures, and other top angel and institutional investors.
We’re working with nearly every notable brand in quick service restaurants and we need your help to bring our system to the next level. As we gear up to launch more large enterprise clients, there’s an exciting opportunity to scale our application architecture and infrastructure!
You’ll play a pivotal role in leading the design, development, and implementation of many of our most complex technical projects with the objective of supporting a user-base of more than 1 million shift workers.
You’ll leverage your deep expertise to solve intricate challenges, mentor teammates, and drive critical architectural decisions. Collaborating cross-functionally, you’ll contribute to a culture of innovation and guide teams towards transforming the foundations of our system.
- Data Pipeline: work with the team to scale our ingestion practices, while optimizing for resilience, inspectability, and performance.
- Persistence: help us discover ways to rethink our database and caching strategies, so that data access is swift and secure.
- Microservices: accelerate the break up of our monolith into a componentized architecture.
- You've developed subject matter expertise in data and platform engineering that’s typically, but not always, accumulated after 8+ years of experience.
- You’ve worked in a fast-growing startup with a rapid pace of iteration.
- You’re eager to suggest architectural redesigns to re-approaching a process or system for the sake of efficiency and value creation.
- You communicate advanced concepts to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences with clarity, empathy, and impact.
- You thrive by setting clear milestones in collaboration with stakeholders for iterative delivery, making sure that progress is measured throughout.
- You pull others up with you because you believe that the team’s growth is fundamental to the mission’s success.
💰 Competitive compensation packages
💊 100% coverage for high quality health, vision, and dental insurance
🏝 Unlimited vacation
💪 Monthly Fitness Stipend
🖥 Home Office Stipend
🏦 Company-sponsored 401K
🏰 A beautiful office (if that's your thing) with unparalleled views of Grand Central Station
💛 An energetic and motivated team based in New York, with the challenging, fun, and fulfilling opportunity to celebrate shift workers