Director of Information Technology
Bothell, WA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 1, 2023
Pivotal Commware develops 5G communications platforms, systems and applications based on Holographic Beam Forming® , a patented breakthrough in electromagnetic physics. HBF allows Pivotal to create software-defined antennas that can harness, shape and direct radio waves with order-of magnitude advantages over legacy beamforming systems in cost, size, weight and power consumption (C-SWaP). HBF enables mobile network operators to maximize capacity, coverage and throughput on demand and is recognized as an essential element in the 5G ecosystem. 5G leadership is pivotal to the US economy, and 5G is Pivotal™.
Pivotal is seeking Director of Information Technology to lead the build out, maintenance and optimization of Pivotal Commware’s cloud centric IT infrastructure. This position reports directly to the CTO.
- Develop, document, and implement policy and processes for Pivotal’s cloud heavy IT systems.
- Manage existing, third-party, IT contractors and service providers to provide optimal support for Pivotal operations.
- Enhance and maintain business continuity plans to minimize business disruptions.
- Create and execute IT roadmap that meets the needs of multiple business units while optimizing cost and reliability.
- Architect and enforce IT security policy. Facilitate IT security audits or investigations.
- BS in computer science required; MS or MBA preferred.
- At least five years of experience managing an IT group.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Azure based technology for IT systems and management.
- Experience with multidisciplinary engineering organization’s IT varied needs: Software Development, Cloud Systems, Hardware Engineering, and Test Ops.
- Analytical and management skills.
- Thorough understanding of IT and practical applications to support Pivotal’s goals.
- Integration of Linux based dev-ops with windows based IT infrastructure.
- Familiarity with the Atlassian toolset and administration thereof (JIRA, bitbucket, confluence)
Targeted starting salary range: $160,000 - $190,000/yr
Annual bonus eligibility - up to 15% of base salary
Individual Stock Options - Board approved
Complete list of benefits - Click here
Pivotal is expanding its team and looks for talent at all levels. If the parameters of this particular job are not an exact match for your skills and experience, we still encourage you to apply to our "Don't see an exact fit to your profile" job posting at the bottom of our careers page. Our Recruiting team will evaluate your background appropriately for new, upcoming or alternative roles and reach out if there is interest on our part for discussion.
Pivotal was named among Washington’s Top 100 Places to Work in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 & 2022.
At Pivotal you will join a team experienced in advanced communications, RAN system development and deployment, commercial antenna’s, RF design, cloud-based management software and machine learning. If you want to apply yourself to this fascinating endeavor, then we would love to hear from you!
Pivotal is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills, and experiences within our workforce.