NP Clinical Quality and Documentation Specialist (Remote)
Nice to meet you, we’re Vesta Healthcare.
Vesta Healthcare is a Series B startup with a simple mission: Delivering extraordinary outcomes by unlocking the power of caregivers. We enable people with personal assistance to thrive at home, in their community by assuring their caregivers have the resources, data, and support they need. We achieve this through a combination of analytics, technology, services, and deep healthcare expertise.
Our program monitors in real-time, identifying issues before they become health events, and helping connect those in need with those who can help via technologies such as video, chat, and telephone. Our technology platform includes home-based mobile applications, a clinical dashboard, and data analytics on data not previously available to health professionals. We are disrupting a $109 billion industry and have recently closed our latest funding round with a blue-chip list of investors.
We’re looking to add to our team of experts who care deeply about our mission.
Our team is passionate, driven, collaborative, intellectually curious, and excited about the opportunity to transform our healthcare system. We're inspired by caregivers and seek to create a platform that recognizes, utilizes and supports the vital role they play. We strive to continuously learn, explore, experiment and achieve results. We are here to improve the quality of life for caregivers and care recipients, allowing them to focus on the important things (like going to the mall with their grandkids).
The ideal teammate would be…
A detail-oriented, clinically trained nurse practitioner who can provide expertise, education and guidance on clinical practice and documentation to improve our clinical outcomes as well as increase capture of pertinent diagnosis codes and quality measures. This individual will serve as a role model and facilitator within the clinical operations team and support the leadership team with execution on the departments’ vision. They are self-directed and possess advanced analytical skills, critical thinking, creativity, and the ability to anticipate and identify opportunities and potential problems. This is a salaried 40 hours per week position, Monday through Friday 9am to 6pm EST.
The ideal teammate would be able to:
- Collaborate extensively with nurse practitioners, collaborating physicians, nursing staff, other care team members, and coding staff to improve the quality and completeness of documentation of care provided and coded for coordination, abstraction, and submission of accurate data required for billing and improved clinical outcomes
- Facilitate modifications to clinical documentation to ensure appropriate reimbursement based on clinical severity and services rendered to patients
- Support timely, accurate, and complete documentation of clinical information used for measuring and reporting clinician and team outcomes/productivity
- Communicate with and educate all clinical staff concerning accurate and effective clinical documentation
- Complete accurate and timely review to ensure the integrity of the documentation compliance resulting in accurate diagnosis and procedure classification used for reimbursement and quality metrics
- Recognize opportunities for documentation improvement and sound judgment in decision making keeping reimbursement considerations in balance with regulatory compliance
- Strategically educate clinicians and staff regarding the need for accurate and complete documentation in the health record that includes regulations and compliance guidelines
- Solve complex problems and takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence
Would you describe yourself as someone who has:
- Master’s Degree with current active clinical license (APRN) (required)
- 5+ years of adult/geriatric care experience (required)
- 3+ years of clinical documentation improvement experience, coding experience or equivalent (required)
- 1+ year of experience working with advanced practice providers as well as other clinical and non-clinical staff (required)
- Experience with risk adjustment and value based care delivery systems
- Motivated self-starter and creative problem-solver who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with Powerpoint/Excel / Google Slides/Sheets
- Experience working in a remote environment
In addition to amazing teammates, we also offer:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a choice of many different plans/costs partially subsidized by us
- Paid vacation
- Paid Sick/personal days
- 12 paid holidays
- One time reimbursement to set up your home office
- Monthly reimbursement for internet or other home office expenses
- Monthly gym reimbursement to be used for gyms, online classes, etc
- Basic Life & AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Benefits paid fully by us
- Voluntary benefits such as Pet, Home and Auto, Legal Insurance plus more
- Pre-tax Flex Spending/Dependent Care/Transit accounts
- 401k + match
Pay range is up to $130K annually. (The referenced salary range is based on the Company's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level).
We look forward to speaking with you!