Medical Coding Specialist (Remote)
Nice to meet you, we’re Vesta Healthcare.
Vesta Healthcare is a startup with a simple mission: Delivering extraordinary outcomes by unlocking the power of caregivers. We enable people with personal assistance to thrive at home, in their community by assuring their caregivers have the resources, data, and support they need. We achieve this through a combination of analytics, technology, services, and deep healthcare expertise.
Our program monitors in real-time, identifying issues before they become health events, and helping connect those in need with those who can help via technologies such as video, chat, and telephone. Our technology platform includes home-based mobile applications, a clinical dashboard, and data analytics on data not previously available to health professionals. We are disrupting a $109 billion industry and have recently closed our latest funding round with a blue-chip list of investors.
We’re looking to add to our team of experts who care deeply about our mission.
Our team is passionate, driven, collaborative, intellectually curious, and excited about the opportunity to transform our healthcare system. We're inspired by caregivers and seek to create a platform that recognizes, utilizes and supports the vital role they play. We strive to continuously learn, explore, experiment and achieve results. We are here to improve the quality of life for caregivers and care recipients, allowing them to focus on the important things (like going to the mall with their grandkids)
The ideal teammate would be…
Someone who’s passionate about our mission to help older adults live fulfilling lives in their home and who gets excited about diagnosis codes! They are current on their understanding of CMS guidelines and coding protocol. This person wants to be part of a team working together to change the way older adults age at home.
The ideal teammate would be able to:
- Independently perform analysis of claims on a pre and post-payment basis utilizing clinical, coding and claims processing background to ensure claims are coded correctly according to CPT, ICD-10, and/or risk adjustment guidelines
- Review pertinent medical records to validate/invalidate potential issues identified on claims
- Plan and maintain an individual audit schedule through coordination and communication directly with leadership and provider personnel for reviews as necessary
- Thoroughly document identified issues to support claim adjustments (including supporting medical record, clinical or coding rationale)
- Identify and document upstream process gaps driving incorrect payment
- Responsible for the security and privacy of any and all protected health information that may be accessed during normal work activities
- Leverages clinical and coding expertise to assure proper documentation is available in the medical record and that it is complete for coding requirements and claim submission
- Reports non-entered charges and reconciles errors for claim submission
- Identifies opportunities to train co-workers, medical staff and professionals regarding documentation
- Meet expectations regarding productivity, code assignment accuracy, deadlines and documentation consistency
- Collaborate with the clinical team and Director of Revenue Cycle to resolve queries and ensure progression of the claim through the revenue cycle management process
- Adapt to new platforms and coding situations quickly and enjoy learning new processes
Would you describe yourself as someone who has:
- 3+ years of ICD-10 coding experience (required)
- Active Professional Medical Coding Certification (CPC, CCS, etc.) (required)
- Active Certified Risk Adjustment Coder Certification (CRC) (highly preferred)
- ICD-10 Coding Certification (preferred)
- Experience with eClinicalWorks electronic medical records system (preferred)
- Experience with medical record documentation, medical chart auditing/quality experience (preferred)
- Experience (1+ year(s)) with chart extraction for risk adjustment coding (highly preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology, abbreviations, anatomy and physiology, major disease processes, and pharmacology
In addition to amazing teammates, we also offer:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a choice of many different plans/costs partially subsidized by us
- Paid vacation
- Paid Sick/personal days
- 12 paid holidays
- One time reimbursement to set up your home office
- Monthly reimbursement for internet or other home office expenses
- Monthly gym reimbursement to be used for gyms, home equipment, online classes, etc
- Basic Life & AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Benefits paid fully by us
- Voluntary benefits such as Pet, Home and Auto, Legal Insurance plus more
- Pre-tax Flex Spending/Dependent Care/Transit accounts
Pay range is $52K - $60K annually.
If yes, then we look forward to speaking to you!
Vesta Healthcare is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. Vesta Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Candidates are selected without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.